UPSC Civil Services Prelims 2018, is going to be conducted in the month of June. According to the sources, the examination date decided by the organization is 3rd June 2018. UPSC stands for Union Public Service Commission and they are going to conduct the UPSC Civil Services Prelims.
If you crack the examination with good marks, then below is the list of posts for which you can be hired through the personal interview:
(i) Indian Administrative Service.
(ii) Indian Foreign Service.
(iii) Indian Police Service.
(iv) Indian P & T Accounts & Finance Service, Group ‘A’.
(v) Indian Audit and Accounts Service, Group ‘A’. (vi) Indian Revenue Service (Customs and Central Excise), Group ‘A’.
(vii) Indian Defence Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
(viii) Indian Revenue Service (I.T.), Group ‘A’.
(ix) Indian Ordnance Factories Service, Group ‘A’ (Assistant Works Manager, Administration).
(x) Indian Postal Service, Group ‘A’.
(xi) Indian Civil Accounts Service, Group ‘A’. (xii) Indian Railway Traffic Service, Group ‘A’.
(xiii) Indian Railway Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
(xiv) Indian Railway Personnel Service, Group ‘A’.
(xv) Post of Assistant Security Commissioner in Railway Protection Force, Group ‘A’ (xvi) Indian Defence Estates Service, Group ‘A’.
(xvii) Indian Information Service (Junior Grade), Group ‘A’.
(xviii) Indian Trade Service, Group ‘A’.
(xix) Indian Corporate Law Service, Group “A”.
(xx) Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service, Group ‘B’ (Section Officer’s Grade).
(xxi) Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Civil Service, Group ‘B’.
(xxii) Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu, and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Police Service, Group ‘B’.
(xxiii) Pondicherry Civil Service, Group ‘B’.
(xxiv) Pondicherry Police Service, Group ‘B’.
UPSC Civil Services Prelims 2018 Important Dates
Notification for Prelims 2018 – 7th February 2018
Application Process for Prelims 2018 Ends – 6th March 2018
Prelims 2018 Commence – 3rd June 2018
Mains 2018 Commence – 1st October 2018
Educational Qualification Required for UPSC
If you want to be a part of UPSC civil services then you must be more than 21 years and less than 32 years as on 1st August 2018. You can download UPSC Pre exam syllabus 2017 from the official site and talking about the examination, you can appear 6 times in the examination after it you will be not be allowed to appear in the examination.
Don’t Miss :_
- SSC GD Constable Recruitment 2018 Notification – Fill Online Application Form
- Rajasthan High Court Chaprasi Bharti 2018 Notification Released
- RRB ALP Recruitment 2018 – Apply Online for 26502 Vacancies
UPSC Exam Syllabus:
Below is the complete syllabus for UPSC Civil Services Prelims 2018:
- Current events of national and international importance.
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- Indian and World Geography – Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World.
- Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
- Economic and Social Development -Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector initiatives, etc.
- General issues on Environmental Ecology, Bio-diversity, and Climate Change – that do not require subject specialization
- General Science.
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills;
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision-making and problem-solving
- General mental ability
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.) (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. – Class X level)
- English Language Comprehension skills (Class X level).
I wish you all the best for the exams!!